Are you buying a home soon?
I will walk you down the buying path. I will educate you on the buying process, ask you the questions you don’t even know to ask and make sure you avoid problems along the way. The list below is a good starting point and Contact me for my Home Buyer’s Guide.
Some Questions that You should be asking!
What can I afford?
- Where to do I get a pre-approval?
- What is the difference between a pre-approval, pre-qualification and pre-commitment? Which is better?
- How much cash do I have for a down payment?
- How many months of reserves will I have after buying?
(Lenders require 6 months reserves usually.)
- Can I use money from my 401K?
- Can I receive a gift for the downpayment?
- Will I use a Bank or Broker?
- Does the realtor help me with this?
- How much do I want to pay in taxes or maintenance fees?
Where do I want to live? What kind of a community do I seek?
- How long of a commute do you prefer?
- Do I want an urban or suburban environment?
- Do I like sidewalks or prefer a more suburban feel?
- How much land do I want? Will I maintain the property myself?
- Do I want a pool or access to a beach?
- Are schools important to me?
What kind of a home do I want?
- Single family? Condo? Co-op?
- How many bedrooms do you need?
- How many bathrooms? Do I want a master bath?
Where do I begin my search?
- Should I go to Open Houses?
- What are the good apps or websites to use for searching?
- How long does it take to buy a home?
- When should I start my search?
- Are there better times of the year to buy?
Once I find a property:
How will I know how much to offer?
- How do I find true comparables for a property?
- Can I make a lowball offer?
- How close to asking price are most buyers paying?
How will I know about home maintenance?
- How do I know if there are hidden defects?
- What if the home floods, how do I know?
- Will I get an inspection on the property?
Do I need representation?
- Can I represent myself?
- Should I work with the Listing Agent- will I get a better deal?
- What is Buyer Representation?
- Who works for me? Am I on my own in this?
- Who negotiates on my behalf?
There are many more questions…… I have the answers, the experience and the skills to get you to the closing table. Call me today, 914-260-5349